Friday, August 02, 2013

MODERN ROMANCE - 'Modern Romance'



Modern Romance / I Believe In Me
7" - WEA K-18329 - 1980

Yeah I know, Modern Romance... WTF? But before you hit the back button, let me point out at this stage this was still the same band as late period Leyton Buzzards. Musically it's a mix of new wave and pop much like the Buzzards were experimenting with on their January 1980 Peel Session. The A-side is perhaps more pop than new wave but it's still worth a listen. The excellent B-side however is more upbeat, think 'Weird Frenz' with a bigger budget.

If anyone is hoping to pick up a copy of this record, there's good and bad news. The good news is it's Modern Romance so it would likely be dirt cheap. The bad news is it's near impossible to find.

Modern Romance - I Believe In Me

9 comments:

abramson said...

used to see them play at the Bridge House, Canning Town, They were OK for the period, but far preferd the Buzzards.

jeffen said...

Hey I prefer the Buzzards too but this is WAY better than I expected - thanks!

James Trash said...

Wasn't sure if I'd get any comments what with not posting anything for ages, so thanks. And nothing bad said about this Modern Romance record either - cool!

Estelle Hogarth said...

is it possible to listen the A side of the single, sooner or later? thank you very much!

James Trash said...

Sorry, only one track per post. But since you asked nicely check your email.

estelle hogarth said...

hi,james...if you want to post me about MODERN ROMANCE's first single my email is igorpasian@libero.it. thank you and sorry for confusion

Steve Lawrence said...

any chance I could get a listen to the a-side of this, the b-side is fab! Great blog too.
thanks steve-lawrence@hotmail.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Hi James
thanks so much for those tracks - have you found their 2nd single by any chance? cheers Steve

James Trash said...

I've never heard the 2nd single. Can anyone recommend it or should it be avoided?